To keep your Nagle and Sisters jewels looking their best, we have made a little list of top tips to ensure a happy and healthy life for your jewellery.
How to store...
- It is best to keep necklaces suspended when not being worn to keep them from tangling.
- When not in use it is best to keep jewellery in a zip lock plastic bag. This will slow down the effects of oxidation, which is due to environmental exposure.
- Try to store your jewellery pieces separately, this will reduce scratches and marks.
How to care...
- If wearing our Everyday or Sparkle Staple earring, once in place pinch them gently along the earring.
- When styling multiple necklaces together, try to separate each chain a few times throughout the day, as this will keep them from tangling.
- Remove your jewellery when exercising, cleaning, gardening, or any other physical work.
- Try to keep your jewellery away from any harsh cosmetics. This will cause gold plating to erode, silver to tarnish and damage any textiles (such as our leather cord) at a much faster rate. These include; perfumes, soaps, lotions, and creams. Take rings off when washing your hands and showering, and when applying perfume and lotions do so before putting on your jewellery.
- All brass pieces are either 18ct gold plated or wax coated to prevent tarnishing.
- Gold Plate will errode over time and depending on how often you wear the piece, it will eventually need replating.
- Every person’s skin type is different. Acid in our skin can speed up the tarnishing process, which in turn can effect your jewellery life, but this will differ from person to person.
- Jewellery should always be taken off before entering a pool, shower or the sea.
Each piece of jewellery is made by hand, so in the unlikely event of a damaged or faulty piece, please contact us at email@example.com for friendly advice and solutions.